Sunday, January 24, 2010

we cannot afford to be afraid anymore

I went cross-country skiing today. With Ingrid and Erlend. There's a small chapel (Nordmarkskapellet) where KRIK had a service today at 12. So since my dad gave me ski wax for my birthday, we had to test it and see if it was any good, haha.

The ski tracks are really close to the city. They start maybe half an hours bus or subway ride from downtown Oslo, so (especially on Sundays, because they are the official "let's enjoy the nature"-days in Norway) they're a bit crowded. That's a little annoying at times, but hey, if I can go skiing that close to the city I'm not complaining!

And the scenery was so beautiful, just amazing. The trees were heavy with snow, it wasn't too cold, and the conditions were perfect. What a nice trip. And it was only at the end that it got too crowded. It was really nice <3
Photobucket
(By the way, this is how a typical Norwegian used to dress when going skiing, especially in the mountains: Red jacket, blue (or green) pants, and knee-highs. My sister was definately rocking the style!! :P)